Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday, Or the Day I Ate Two Bagels

I had a bloodwork appointment after I dropped Autumn off at MDO. After that I drove over to Costco so that I could browse in peace, all by myself. I got there just before 10, which is when they opened, so it wasn't too crowded. I was partially looking for a few Christmas presents to buy early for Autumn, so that I could spread out the heft of the financial part. But I couldn't find anything. Not even in the kid's clothing section. Usually they have some pjs that I want to get, but don't. They only had footie pjs and since we haven't done those since she was a baby I wasn't sure how she'd react. So even though I went in thinking I would spend a tad more money on something for the future, I only spent my money on household supplies and food. I probably spent more than I should have, but I found these two jugs of syrup for under $6 when one large one (that is about half of one of the jugs) was close to $5 at HEB.

My downfall in the form of bagels came when I got close to the table of bread in the back corner and touched a bag of still warm Parmesan cheese crusted bagels. Still warm, and greasy to the touch. Which is sort of why I didn't get the Parmesan cheese ones, but oh, they were delicious looking. I ended up getting a bag of plain and a bag of cinnamon raisin. Big, thick bagels. None of that thin sliced stuff. Einstein brand. And fresh. After finishing up shopping I made it back to the car around 11:20 and I was hungry. So I ate a bagel on the way home. I had a piece of string cheese and a granola bar and called that lunch.

The only crafty thing I did today was to take apart some clothes pins and spray paint them in this reddish color that the guy who owned the house before us left. I've just got to do some more coats and then figure out what I want to use for a string to display Autumn's art in the playroom.

Then I went to pick Autumn up from school and we met her friend, Anna, and her mom at a nearby pocket park. We were there for almost 3 hours. Really. 3 hours of park time. Outside. The weather is just that great. Low to mid 70s. Awesome.





So by the time we got home it was after 4 and I was hungry again. Unfortunately, I spotted the bagels first and just couldn't talk myself out of another cinnamon raisin bagel. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment