Friday, July 16, 2010

Bricks Quilt, Part 3

Then I spent awhile rearranging my strips to appear random without being too heavy in one color or pattern in any one place. I also sort of shot myself in the foot with my snail fabric, as it was the only one that had to be upright so no snails were crawling upside down (it would have bothered me, even if it doesn't bother others). Also, for some reason I had about 4 strips where I had "randomly" sewn the snails to the same block of dark green-blue fabric. It took some time, but I finally got to a point where it didn't matter that some of the same fabrics were next to each other in some areas, as long as it was some diversity and the snails were crawling on their merry ways, feet firmly planted on the ground.

After I got everything situated I cut pieces of paper and numbered them and then pinned them on in order. It makes it much easier when sewing together to not get out of order.

No comments:

Post a Comment