Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Goodbye Cruel Teal World!

When we moved in there was this ugly teal wall in the family room. For the first few months I could ignore it because we had the TV on another wall. But then we moved the TV to the teal wall. Luckily I was still able to block out the teal wall. All winter we kept the two windows on the fireplace wall open but once summer came around again and the sun was brutal. So we got out the cellular shades that the guy had. Dark green. Dark green next to a huge teal wall. I priced out some replacements but it just isn't in our budget right now. So we live with them.

When my mom was here last week we started talking about the paint color and that sort of started the ball rolling. We went to Lowe's and stood talking about all the colors I could choose. And then I picked up one light green chip and said that I was drawn to these colors. So we got two sample pots of paint, one from that chip and another from another sample group.

The teal wall just sucks up the color so that you can't even see the differences in the light greens. They just looked white.



But on the white walls you could really tell a difference. I like the color on the right in person, but the color on the left in pictures.



You can see the shades in the corner of this picture.



I've decided on the top color in that photo above. We just have to get the primer to cover up that teal wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment